Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall is in the Air - Holiday Time

Well, fall is definitely in the air in Northern Idaho. Got down to about 35 degrees overnight! But, the days are still lovely, in the low 80's. Since it's getting to be that time of the year, thought I would share some Holiday projects I've been working on.

First, I wanted to try to imitate the ornaments on the front cover of the Holiday Mini Catalog.
I didn't purchase the Ornament Keepsake Bundle, but I did have the Delightful Decorations stamp set and the Ornament Punch from the 2012-2013 Catalog, so I used those. I also used Gumball Green and Cherry Cobbler ink, the new Cherry Cobbler Tulle Ribbon and a piece of Snow Festival DSP for the rosette. I also didn't have the new Faceted buttons (they're on order but haven't arrived), so I used a button from my stash and added the Basic Pearl to the center.
For this ornament I used some retired DSP (Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty). I used the 'sparkly' sheets for the stripe and polka dot layers. I used another sheet for the rosette. For this ornament I just punched, using the Ornament punch and the Blossom Petals Punch. Again, used a button from my stash and a Basic Pearl. I have to say, just punching and gluing went a lot faster than stamping, punching and gluing. Hubby likes the first one and I like the second one better. What do you think?
 
Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow, I'll have samples from my first Christmas Card Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday

This is the birthday card for my youngest grand-daughter. She turns 2 today! She's such a silly girl.      HAPPY BIR...