Saturday, October 6, 2012

Radiator Springs - CASEing Heidi Lopez

These two cards were inspired by Heidi Lopez (www.heidistamps.blogspot.com). She has the whole crew posted on her blog, starting here. You can also visit her SCS gallery here for Lightning McQueen and here for Mater. Heidi was kind enough to send me the Mater and Lightning Juicy Juice box fronts for me to make these cards.  Thanks again Heidi for your inspiration AND your generosity!
I used Real Red for the card base and Basic Black for the Chevron Embossed layer. Then added some silver (yep, they really are silver in real life) brads. 
The card base for this one is Gumball Green, the next layer is Marina Mist. I then used Crumb Cake for the Chevron Embossed layer. After it was embossed I ran my Cajun Craze stamp pad over it to sort of emulate Mater's rust. Happy Birthday is from Bring on the Cake.

2 comments:

  1. Great cards Jeri! I am glad I could inspire you. I never thought to use the chevron folder - thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi, I'm going to use the little trading cards for gift tags. Thanks again and look for a little something coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Birthday

This is the birthday card for my youngest grand-daughter. She turns 2 today! She's such a silly girl.      HAPPY BIR...